Plesk Upgrades to version 12
Posted December 1, 2014 by Unlimited
It is very important to us that we provide the most up to date software for both security reasons and to ensure we provide the latest functionality available. Over the coming weeks we will be upgrading all of our Plesk servers to version 12 which is the latest release. Version 12 has been out for a few months now and the major issues resolved so we feel comfortable pushing this out to our live servers.
Plesk 12 is a fairly small release compared to some of the previous ones but headline new features are:
- Ability to switch off email on a domain by domain basis instead of per subscription – this one is very useful for people with multiple domains who want to host one of the domains email on an external service like our new Hosted Exchange service or Google Apps for Business.
- WordPress Toolkit – Plesk 12.0 introduces WordPress Toolkit, a powerful tool for managing APS- and non-APS-based WordPress installations. The toolkit enables server administrators, resellers, and customers to manage multiple WordPress installations, plugins, and themes from a single point of entry. Users can install, update, and remove WordPress installations, activate and remove plugins and themes.
- Native support for Fail2Ban and ModSecurity. We already use these DOS protection and security tools but now they can be integrated into Plesk.
- Mobile friendly interface – Plesk have improved the way the panel works on mobile devices so you can manage your hosting from a tablet or mobile phone.
- The ability to easily convert from a reseller account to a hosting account and back again
- The ability to move customer accounts from one reseller to another
Existing customers will be notified by email and via the server status pages when their server is due to be upgraded. If you have any questions regarding the upgrades, please contact the support team via the normal channels.