What’s in the logs?
Within Plesk's log browser feature there are many different log types. Each log type has a distinct purpose and if utilised correctly can help troubleshoot any server problems that might arise. You might be trying to track down the reason a site has suddenly gone down. Checking the log type below will determine the cause.
- Apache error (error_log). This log contains diagnostic information. It also records any errors that the Apache web server encounters in processing requests.
For a full list of the different log types available please visit Plesk's information page.
- Go to the Control Panel for the domain in Websites & Domains
- Scroll down to Logs and click on it.
- This will show entries from whichever logs are selected. In this screenshot all logs are selected so messages (if there any) from all logs will be displayed:
- This screenshot shows the logs that are available. All are selected. Unselect by unticking the appropriate box: