Why do I need custom nameservers?
Custom name servers help differentiate you from the competition.
- As a reseller your clients will be able to easily distinguish your brand as the nameservers are associated with your domain.
- Uniformity provides a greater sense of security for your clients making your nameservers easily identifiable as part of your brand.
- If you ever switch hosting provider your clients will not need to update nameservers. Giving you more freedom.
Its important to note that if you intend on using a CDN (i.e Cloudflare) that you will need configure your custom nameservers with them.
How do I create them?
This involves advanced DNS settings. If you need assistance please contact support.
- Head to the control panel were you manage the DNS for the domain you wish to use.
- In the DNS area create 2 new A records (One for each of the new nameservers).
- These A records should appear as follows:
ns1.domain.com - 184.108.40.206
ns2.domain.com - 220.127.116.11
[Domain.com is a placeholder for your chosen domain]
- After the A records have been created, contact the domains registrar. Ask them to create glue records for your new nameservers.
- We will then add your new nameservers to the global list. Ensuring that when you update the client’s domains the new nameservers will be accepted.
- Please allow some time for the DNS to fully propagate.