What is the File Manager
If you're a cPanel customer, you will have access to the file manager tool. This GUI-based tool makes the navigation and alteration of an accounts files easy. Especially for users inexperienced with the Linux command-line. An alternative to File manager would be FTP; has many similarities but requires more configuration before it can be used. Want to learn more about FTP?
- Login to WHM
- Search "List Accounts"
- Click the "cP" logo for the customer whose files you wish to manager.
- Continue from step 2 below.
- Login to your cPanel account.
- Under the “File” section, Click “File Manager”.
- The left column shows a search bar & tree structure of the different directories and files that can be found on this cPanel account.
- The right column shows you the contents of these directories allowing you to navigate the file structure of this cPanel account.
- In the top navigation bar, you may notice a number of features including: “Upload”, “Move”, “Copy”, etc.
- In the secondary navigation bar, you may notice a number of helpful navigation features including: “Home”, “Back”, “Select All”, etc.
- For files that already exist in the “File Manger” you can easily drag and drop between different folders/directories.