You need an SSL
By securing your domain through SSL visitors to your website are reassured of its security and authenticity. Customers feel safer and thus, are more willing to shop or sign up there.
There are 3 main types of SSL Certificate :
- Domain Validated
DV certificates provide a basic level of authentication (A DV cert can be identified by a padlock in the address bar).
- Organisation Validated
OV certificates are similar to DV but are tailored towards organisations. The identity of the organisation having to be verified before the certificate is issued. Depending on the issuer DV certificates usually offer a higher level of warranty in the event of anything going wrong on the CA's (Certificate Authority) end.
- Extended Validation
EV certificates are different and can be discerned through visiting a larger organisation, specifically ones involved in finance. They require more authentication to obtain and are the most expensive of the 3. One of the biggest benefits of EV used to be a green tag in the address bar, since SSL is becoming more of a necessity than a choice. Major browsers have started to discontinue this (Chrome, Firefox).
- Log into cPanel area.
- Click SSL/TLS under the Security section.
- Click on Certificates 'Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates.'
- If your provider has issued you with the just text that makes up the cert, paste it in the box provided and press 'Save Certificate' or If your provider has issued you with a .crt file, click Browse under 'Choose a certificate file' and then click Upload Certificate.
- Log into your Plesk area.
- Click SSL/TLS Certificates [Ensure it is for the correct domain]
- Click Advanced settings.
- Click choose file, select the .crt file and upload.
Your certificate is now installed. Should you require further assistance, our support team are happy to help!