How store sent items on the server?
We have already discussed how to use your iPhone for your email. However, by default iPhone selects not to store sent items on the server. This can be confusing if you use multiple mailboxes, as items sent via the iPhone will not show on the sent folder on the server.
Adding the functionality for these items to be stored on both the iPhone and the server is rather simple.
- On the iPhone.
- Click settings.
- Click mail, contact, calendars.
- Select the mail account you want to change.
- Click on account info.
- Scroll down to advanced.
- You will now see a screen that says "Advanced". In this screen is a section called "Mailbox Behaviours".
- Click on the sent mailbox button.
- This will now display two sections. "On My iPhone" and "On the server".
- In the section "on the server" should be a list of all your mailboxes.
- Scroll down to the sent items box on the mail server and select the sent items.
- When you send an email from your iPhone, a copy will be passed to your mail server.
Your iPhone is now configured to record sent mail on the device and server.