This guide requires a VPS with an active cPanel license.
cPanel installation using PuTTY
- Open PuTTY and enter the IP or Domain address, selecting SSH as connection type.
- Enter your VPS username, When prompted either copy & paste or type the password for your VPS.
- Head over to the official cPanel installation guide
- Enter the command from the cPanel installation guide into PuTTY it will look similar to the command below:
cd /home && curl -o latest -L https://securedownloads.cpanel.net/latest && sh latest
- Allow some time for the cPanel installer to run. [Message will appear in PuTTY upon completion]
- Enter your VPS' IP/Domain information into your browsers address bar with either :2087 or /WHM at the end. [See example below]