How do I manage email in iPhone?
So you’ve set up your new email. Now, it’s time to take advantage of the features available in the iPhone Mail App. Setting this up correctly grants you all the functionality of your email with many added benefits including portability and combining multiple mailboxes.
These tools can be beneficial for anyone with hosting, but especially for business owners, letting them monitor multiple different email channels from the comfort of one account on the move.
If you are an iCloud+ user, you may want to add your custom domain to manage your mailboxes through iCloud Mail. Learn how to add your custom domain name to iCloud+ mail.
How do I add my email accounts to iPhone?
- Go to Settings > Mail
- Add Account
- Click ‘Other’ and then ‘Add Mail Account’.
- Fill in the details with the e-mail address and password for the account you wish to set up.
- Select the type of account that you wish to have, IMAP or POP.
- Then fill in the username and password fields for both your Incoming and Outgoing mail server with your e-mail address and password.
- Input the server for both as mail.domain.co.uk, replacing the ‘domain.co.uk’ with your actual domain name.
- Click Next to proceed.
- Click Save to complete. Congratulations, you have set up your mail account on your iPhone!
How store sent emails on my iPhone?
We have already discussed how to use your iPhone for your email. However, by default, iPhone selects not to store sent items on the server. This can be confusing if you use multiple mailboxes, as items sent via the iPhone will not show on the sent folder on the server.
Adding the functionality for these items to be stored on both the iPhone and the server is rather simple.
- On the iPhone.
- Click settings.
- Click mail, contact, calendars.
- Select the mail account you want to change.
- Click on account info.
- Scroll down to advanced.
- You will now see a screen that says “Advanced”. In this screen is a section called “Mailbox Behaviours”.
- Click on sent – mailbox button.
- This will now display two sections. “On My iPhone” and “On the server”.
- In the section “on the server” should be a list of all your mailboxes.
- Scroll down to sent items on the mail server and select sent items.
- When you send an email from your iPhone, a copy will be passed to your mail server.
- Your iPhone is now configured to record sent mail on the device and server.