How do I set up Google Workspace?
What is Google Workspace?
Google Workspace is Google’s answer to Microsoft 365. Housing all of their productivity apps in a neat bundle for business customers to use across multiple teams.
In this guide, we show you how to change your MX records so that Workspace (Gmail) handles all email traffic for your domain.
As it’s possible these records may change in the future, please acquire the MX records from Google.
Due to the nature of DNS, it’s likely that Google Workspace won’t work immediately. This is because of DNS propagation taking place. We ask that you only contact support if a few hours have passed without any change.
Set up Google Workspace
- Log into your cPanel control panel.
- Navigate to email routing under the email section.
- Click remote mail exchanger and change.
- From here, you can navigate directly to the Zone Editor.
- Click manage for your domain and enter the MX details provided by Google. Removing any other MX records in the process.
- Log into your Plesk control panel.
- From here, for the domain you wish to add Workspace to, Click Mail Accounts.
- Within this area, click Mail Settings. Untick activate mail service on domain, then click OK. This will disable Plesk’s in-built mail service.
- Next, head back to the domain and click on DNS settings.
- Remove any existing MX records, this will prevent issues in the future. Replacing them with the provided MX records from Google.